ODI World Cup 2023 will start on 5 October on Indian soil. The first match will played between England and New Zealand. The fans are very excited for the Mahakumbh of cricket. Now the ICC has announced the warm-up schedule for the ODI World Cup. Team India has to play its warm-up matches against England and Netherlands.
All teams will play two matches each:
A week before the ODI World Cup, all the teams will play two matches of 50-50 overs each. These matches is going to be in Guwahati, Hyderabad, and Thiruvananthapuram. It will start with the match between Sri Lanka and Bangladesh on 29th September. With this, the teams participating in the World Cup will get full opportunity to adjust to the Indian conditions.
The Indian team will play warm-up matches with these teams:
The Indian team will play its first warm-up match against England on 30 September in Guwahati and the second warm-up match against the Netherlands on 3 October in Thiruvananthapuram. All matches will start at 2:00 PM IST and teams will be allowed to field all players in their 15-player squads during the matches.
Schedule of warm-up matches for the World Cup:
Friday 29 September –
1. Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka, Barsapara Cricket Stadium, Guwahati
2. South Africa vs Afghanistan, Greenfield International Stadium, Thiruvananthapuram
3. New Zealand vs Pakistan, Rajiv Gandhi Stadium, Hyderabad
Saturday 30 September-
1. India vs England, Barsapara Cricket Stadium, Guwahati
2. Australia vs Netherlands, Greenfield International Stadium, Thiruvananthapuram
Monday 2 October-
1. England vs Bangladesh, Barsapara Cricket Stadium, Guwahati
2. New Zealand v South Africa, Greenfield International Stadium, Thiruvananthapuram
Tuesday 3 October-
1. Afghanistan vs Sri Lanka, Barsapara Cricket Stadium, Guwahati
2. India vs Netherlands, Greenfield International Stadium, Thiruvananthapuram
3. Pakistan vs Australia, Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad